Tuesday, April 18, 2006

He sent me a dozen long stem red roses

He sent me a dozen
long stem red roses,
with a note saying:
Darling, I love you.

As I placed them in the yellow
vase he brought me from Shangai,
I caressed them moving my fingers
On stems. I let my cheeks

rest on roses, closed my eyes
and said: yes, darling, I love you too.
He took me to dinner that evening
and ordered champagne with biryani.

Suddenly while sipping champagne,
He proposed to my surprise.
I hadn’t known him for long,
I wanted more time.

The ring in his pocket pained.
He went silent most of the time.
He brought me home, bade
good night, and as he walked away

I panicked. Running after him
I wanted to say I loved him.
He said: “it’s getting cold,
you know, step fast inside.”

Note: After reading a poem of Anna Akhmatova.

1 Comments:

Blogger VarunMayan said...

Yes I am very much interested in your offer. You can mail me directly at varun.mahajan@gmail.com. I think this is something which will give me a lot of pleasure. Waiting for your reply.
Will also like,if you post a link to my blog on yours.

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home