Thursday, December 15, 2005

You are beautiful, my beloved, you are beautiful - Bible

Ah! You are beautiful,
My beloved, you are beautiful.
You eyes behind your veil
Are like the doe's eyes.
And your hair is like
The fleece of sheep racing
Down Mt. Gilead's slopes.
Your teeth look like

The flocks of ewes that
Have come after the washings.
Your lips are like two scarlets
And your mouth, so lovely.

Your cheeks are half pomegranates,
And you neck, the tower of David
Where hang a thousand bucklers
As shields of valiant men.

Your breasts are like two fawns,
The youngs of a gazelle browsing
Among lilies. You are beautiful,
My beloved, you are beautiful.

You are beautiful without blemishes.
I'll climb up the mountain of myrrh,
All day until the eveinig,
And bring the incense for you.

*******
The Charms of a Beloved. From the Song of Songs,
Chapter 4 in the Bible. This is my rendering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home