Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Ghazals of Lakshmi Khanna 'Suman'

Originals in Hindi

I

Come, sit down here beside me
Let’s talk about our sorrows ‘n happiness

I too have been longing for long
Gentle winds of the village for coolness


II

Anywhere someone shows love or hate
Or fire and water in spate

I go on blending myself
There in their wake


III

Listening to their bloated words
I kept on wondering what to say


IV

For some sin that I committed
Even my God is now angry with me


V

Life is memories, realties and dreams
Life is love, and too hardship screams


VI

Those who went looting the world yesterday
Are begging others for their bails today


VII

I’m slowly losing all that simplicity
Being affected now by the airs of city


VII

The wind is now blowing so Westward
Even at home they treat me as homeless

--from Is Bharay Bazaar Main
Minerva Press, New Delhi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home