Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I want to tell her I love her

I am missing her today.
I want to hold her in my arms.
I want to tell her I love her.
I want to make love to her.

I go to her apartment building.
I stand on the road and look up at the window.
The window is open, the curtain is shifting,
She must be there resting, doing something.

I dare not go upstairs.
She might not be alone.
What if she has another boyfriend,
In the afternoon secretly visiting.

I walk to the flower shop
And send her a bouquet of roses,
With a note: darling I am missing you
Downstairs I am waiting.

The flower boy delivered the roses
More than an hour ago.
She did not come to the window
To see if I was standing below.

Perhaps she is eyeing me hiding
With her new lover behind the window.
I have waited long enough. I am leaving.
I cannot give my love to a whore.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heath Quinn said...

Dear Ravi

I love it when you write such poems. So sweet, so poignant.

Love, Heather

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home