Monday, March 20, 2006

Kids without mom and I, a widower!

Hello, hello
Do you hear me?
Do you hear me?
OK dear, listen: Pick up the kids at five.
I’m now on I-ten,
The traffic is heavy,
I am in a hurry.


Then the screeching sound.
The cell phone goes dead.
I call back. No answer.
Only a recorded voice:
Please leave your message,
I will call back.


O God, what happened?
Is she in an accident? Dead?
I panic. Now what? Now what?
Kids without mom and I, a widower!

My heart is pounding.
I am trembling.
A hot flush in me is running!
I dial her number wrong.

Next moment the phone rings:
Hello, hello, do your hear me?
I just escaped an accident
I am OK, I dropped the phone.


My heart stops racing
I heave a sigh: Thank God,
You are all right, I almost fainted
Hearing the screeching sound.
I’ll pick up the kids at five.
Don’t worry. Drive safe. Be careful.

In this fast world of ours,
We do not hasten our death.
We die many times
Before we die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home