Wednesday, March 15, 2006

My Son Returneth From War

There be two things that grieve my heart;
and the third maketh me angry: a man of war
that suffereth poverty; and men of understanding
that are not set by; and one that returneth
from righteousness to sin; the Lord prepareth
such an one for the sword. Bible, Proverbs 26:28?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


My son returneth
From a far off wretched war,
Not far off in the desert where
Rideth on a donkey my Lord.

Bullets bust his back.
He cannot walketh, he cannot talketh,
His girls friend runneth to other man.
Now he sufferth in poverty.
It grieveth my heart.

Men of undertstaning
(but really of mis-understanding)
who sendeth my son there
are still not set by the Lord.
It too grieveth my heart.

In righteousnnes we praiseth the Lord.
Righteousness returneth to sin
When we butcherth innocent people in war.
It angereth my heart.

Still I readeth the Bible.
Still I praiseth the Lord,
Still I voteth for someone
Who maketh himself mad
And sendeth my son to war.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home