Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Darling, I would love to be with you

Darling, I would love to be with you
To share moments of pleasure,
To reflect on the nature of world,
To lie down on sun drenched beaches,
To hike on mountain trails,
To stop by a gurgling brook
To hold you in my arms,
To caress you and give you a kiss.
To see the foreign lands with you
And too, to sit in my garden with you
To watch the finches, robins,
Blue jays and cardinals,
Feasting on peaches
And cherries I planted.

I would like to read poetry to you,
sitting in the cool spring evening
in the rose garden I planted for you.
I would make a bouquet of long stem
Pink, yellow and red roses for you,
Pour red wine in your goblet
And munch crackers and crunch
On celery sticks dipped into
Blue cheese layerd with
Fresh cilantro leaves and mace,
while listening to Mozart
and Vivaldi in the background.

I would love to see you smile,
I would love to see you forget
All worries and be in the moment,
Sharing peace and pleasure
In my humble company.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats a simple and ample beautiful. these days you are silent - master poet. love to read your poems. long absence??? are you ok.

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home