Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Dear Love... A Letter to His Wife

Dear Love,
You with broken bones
Are lying in bed
In the bone healing ward.

I here with tired soul
Am lying in bed
In the psycho ward.

I am not crazy, my dear.
I only say things
They do not understand

And drug me day and night,
Saying I’m crazy in mind.
This morning I flushed the pills

Down the toilet drain and
I'm now with lucid mind.
If I die before you die

I want to let you know,
You had kept me from
Falling apart all my life.

Please write this on my
Tombstone, if you will:
Here lies the most misunderstood

Man in the world. He loved
Everyone in his heart. But
Everyone turned against him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the last stanza.

And your others poems are quite beautiful, too. :)

9:36 AM  
Blogger vennela said...

why do you write mostly about women betraying men. dont men cheat women...dont they abuse and exploite tender love of women. most of the time your poetry potray women to be charecterless, is it that in the larger perspective of the world, are women really so!!! plz write about the innocent love , pure love sans body and sexes for me.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home