Friday, January 27, 2006

My friend of old

My friend of old
Has now turned cold

As he has a friend who
Does not see me eye to eye

Long ago I had heard:
'A friend of your enemy is not your friend'

His friend is not my enemy
So my friend of old is still my friend

Still an old dear friend
Though he no more sees me eye to eye

Like his friend.
He lavishes praises on his friend

Like someone from heaven did descend
To show him the way there to ascend

I send this message to my old friend:
We have no contentions to mend

You were my friend
You are still my friend

I will spare you
At every road's bend

Don't be afraid of me
You may, but I'll never pretend

I only want to tell you this:
Your friendship I will miss

Praising some fool
You won't look cool

You will talk like a fool
You will look like a fool

You will act like a fool
And become a real fool

But if your friend does not know he's a fool
That would then be something very cool!

So my friend, use your head
Don't act like a fool instead

When I give my word
I swear by my blood

So dont' be afraid, my friend
I won't bite. Call me sometime

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home