Thursday, March 23, 2006

Memories Of First Love

Monsoons bring back
His sweet memories:
Love chats
Walking in the rains
On side walks
Hand in hand,
Smiling, teasing
Hugging, kissing
Seeing in clouds
Lovers loving.

My cell phone rings.
No, it is not him,
Some other guy.
But I want him,
In my heart
His memory rings.
I want to undress
Not fully
In choli and bikini only
And I want to stroll
In the rains with him.

Mirabai remembered
The Dark One
In the months of Monsoon.
I remember him now
And desire him
Again and again.

Ah! no lover now.
I am all lone,
I’m dreaming of him.
I will go out
Walking in the rain
Thinking of him now.

I remember throwing
At each other
Pieces of chalks,
Sitting in the school veranda,
Waiting for downpours to stop.

Time has washed
Other memories
But monsoon washes afresh
His sweet memory,
Once again.
He was my class mate
My first love
My heart now throbs in pain.

I keep walking
Hypnotically,
The ground shakes
I cling to the rocks
To the branches of bushes.
I hear a voice
Singing in me:
First love
First love
You cannot forget
First love
.

I do not leave him
He lives in me.
An opening in the skies
Clouds receding
Now a breeze blowing.
Wet in the rains
I am wet thinking of him.

Note: Inspired by a story at Sulekha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home