Thursday, March 16, 2006

She is a beauty I hath never seen

Turn away thine eye from a beautiful woman,
and look not upon another's beauty;
for many have been deceived by the beauty of a woman;
for herewith love is kindled as a fire.
9:8 somewhere in the Bible.


O dear Lord, Why ye punisheth me?
Why ye telleth me not to behold
in my heart a damsel’s beauty,
whence my heart pineth for her?

I cannot turneth away my eyes from her,
She is a beauty I hath never seen.
I love this lady, O Lord of Lords.
Grant me love, have some mercy.

She puteth fire in my soul.
She boileth my blood in my body.
My blood rusheth hither and thither.
Without her, O Lord, I would wither.

I cannot turneth away my eyes from her.
She kindleth love like fire in my heart.
Now I tendeth not sheep nor ploughth my fields,
Day and night she maketh me crazy in my mind.

Please grant me my lovely shepherdess
Who walketh on holy mount Aaron.
She will tendeth my sheep, beareth my children.
We shall worship thee in thy holy name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home