Sunday, August 20, 2006

she loves me but a little too much

she loves me
but a little too much.
I tell her I like
quesadillas for snacks.
she spreads a ton of cheddar
cheese, a ton of chopped
onions and jalapenos
peppers on a flour tortilla,
warms it up in the microwave
till the cheese melts,
rolls it up and says to me:
“darling, I love you,
you’ll love the quesadilla
for you I made.”

salty like a dry salt lake
hot as my tongue on fire
I suck air to appease my tongue.
I run to the kitchen for
ice cubes to put on my tongue
I run to the closet for a towel
to wipe the torrents running
off my eyes and nose.
it’s good but a little too rich,
the best quesadilla she
ever made, I tell my honey.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this. If you can please venture to my myspace page and let me know what you think of my songs/writings beacuse you are a bright mind. Thanks!

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home