Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Garbage Disposal

......I punched

out Garbage at the library and found four titles
swept the screen, only one, Garbage Feed,

seeming worth going on to: and that was about
feeding swine right: so I punched Garbage Disposal

and the screen came blank - nothing else! all those
titles, row on row, of western goodies, mostly

worse than junk, but not a word on Disposal: I
should have looked, I suppose, under Waste Disposal

but, who cares, I already got the point: I
know garbage is being "disposed off"-- but what

I wanted I had gotten, a clear space and pure
freedom to dump whatever, and this means most

of the catalog must go, so much that what is
left will need no computer to be kept track of:

.......

~A.R. Ammons
from garbage, a poem

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home